Performance-Based Financing in Healthcare is a system that links payment mechanisms (i.e. “Financing”) to outcomes (i.e. “Performance”). Performance-Based Financing in Africa is aimed to help increase coverage and improve quality for maternal and child health services. Since PBF has not been implemented on any meaningful scale and been systematically evaluated in Cameroon, the results from the impact evaluation are also expected to help design national PBF policy. RTA is involved in providing technical assistance and IT services for the deployment of an Advanced Survey Management System using Android tablets and ODK technology during the implementation of a health facility baseline survey of the extension of PBF to the northern regions of Cameroon, and implementation of the impact evaluation endline survey in the North-West, South-West and East regions. The baseline and endline surveys for households and health facilities aim to establish health indicators, for future impact evaluation of Performance-Based Financing elements in Cameroon.
RTA’s main tasks:
- Develop and deploy the Smart Survey system, as well as Field Assistant and Base Manager applications
- Design and test electronic forms (form structure, functionality, upload and download functions)
- Train project staff for use of Smart Survey and Field Assistant
- Provide technical system support for interviewer manual, training, pilot test phase and during data collection
- Performed data cleaning support on a regular basis
- Deliver final data set to project’s leaders