Performance-Based Financing in Healthcare is a system that links payment mechanisms (i.e. “Financing”) to outcomes (i.e. “Performance”). Performance-Based Financing in Africa aims to help increase coverage and improve quality for maternal and child health services. In the Republic of Congo, Performance-Based Financing has begun since 2012 and it is now on its road to cover the entire country. RTA is involved in providing survey management solutions to baseline surveys in 5 departments of Congo: Cuvette-Ouest, Kouilou, Lekoumou, Likouala, and Sangha. The baseline surveys for households and health facilities aim to establish health indicators, for future impact evaluation of Performance-Based Financing elements in Congo.
RTA’s main tasks:
- Develop and deploy the Smart Survey system, as well as Field Assistant and Base Manager applications
- Design and test electronic forms (form structure, functionality, upload and download functions)
- Train project staff for use of Smart Survey and Field Assistant
- Provide technical system support for interviewer manual, training, pilot test phase and during data collection
- Performed data cleaning support on a regular basis
- Deliver final data set to project’s leaders